This 5 hour course comprises of 2 hours of classroom discussions on the complexities of mountain flying and short field operations and 3 hours of flying amongst the highlands finest scenery. All course materials are included.
3 hours flying will give you a comprehensive introduction to flying around the beautiful and wild Scottish mountains.
Mountain flying allows pilots to reach new and exciting destinations while providing adventures and challenges. If you're feeling that you need a new challenge and want to learn a little more then this is the course for you.
This is an intensive and exhilarating course including vital handling and captaincy skills.
The course includes;
- Decision making
- Contour flying
- Valley turns and positioning
- Saddle crossings (Navigating mountain divides)
- White-out (Dealing with snow conditions and extreme weather)
- Sun/Valley shadows (Navigating and understanding false horizons)
- Weather Interaction (Understanding Mountain wind effects)
- Short Field operations
Give us a call today to book or for more details on this course 01667 460361