Trusted British Educational Standards
Highland Aviation is accredited by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education as a Short Course Provider.
What does having BAC accreditation mean?
- An educational institute that has achieved BAC accreditation has been judged against a set of internationally recognised quality standards.
- The educational institute has been inspected by qualified experts who judge the institution against criteria covering several inspection areas to include:
- Teaching, learning and assessment,
- Governance, strategy and financial management,
- Academic management and administration,
- Student support, guidance, recruitment and progression,
- Premises, facilities, and learning resources,
- Quality management, assurance and enhancement.
What does the BAC Quality Mark mean?
- The BAC quality mark is a sign to stakeholders that an educational institute has met a British gold standard.
- Only BAC accredited institutes can use the BAC Quality Mark in their marketing to potential students.
- The esteemed BAC quality mark helps the educational institute to stand out in a competitive market and in so doing promote its courses and services to stakeholders.
- Collaborative partners gain increased confidence and assurance as the BAC quality mark raises relationship profile and promotes trust.
- Students and parents can be assured they have selected an educational institute that delivers high quality educational services and has met internationally respected British quality standards.
How does this benefit our International Students?
- The British Accreditation Council is one of the approved accreditation bodies for the Standard Visitor Visa. This means that BAC accreditation will enable Highland Aviation to sponsor international students via this route.
- Student visitors are allowed to come to the UK for up to six months with an accredited short course provider. Full details of the Standard Visitor Visa route can be found on the UK Government website.
- When the Home Office or visa agency receive notification of a student visitor they would normally then check the BAC directory of accredited providers on their website to verify that the institution is listed. The BAC Listing for Highland Aviation can be seen here.
- BAC was established by the UK’s Department of Education and the British Council in 1984 to oversee independent further and higher education in the UK. They are a registered charity and a not for profit organisation.
- As a full member of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) and the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE) BAC have been externally assessed on their organisation’s standards and processes.
- The British Accreditation Council website can be seen here.